From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New distfile mirror layout
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2019 04:27:47
1 On Tue, 2019-10-29 at 00:24 +0100, Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn wrote:
2 > Hi!
3 >
4 > > Today you get chastised for using /space/distfiles-local and not
5 > > following policy changes. The devmanual states that it's deprecated
6 > > since at least 2011, and talks of using d.g.o [1].
7 > > [1]
8 > https://devmanual.gentoo.org/general-concepts/mirrors/index.html#suitable-download-hosts
9 >
10 > Sorry I'm late to the party, but I would like to enquire about what happens
11 > if a file with existing filename but different b2sum gets uploaded to
12 > /space/distfiles-local now?
13
14 The same as before. It gets put in top-level disfiles directory.
15 Hashes are calculated from filenames, so this wouldn't affect it. That
16 is, if it put those files in subdirectories in the first place because
17 it doesn't.
18
19 > Doing so and updating the Manifest used to be another (not necessarily
20 > preferred) method to address upstream remaking release packages.
23 It's no longer valid.
26 Best regards,
27 Michał Górny