From: Jerry A! <jerry@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Python Probs
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 10:18:12
On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 09:56:52AM -0700, drobbins@g.o wrote:
: I know this may sound weird at first, but I'd rather disable X11 and tcl/tk
: support in sys-devel/python, and create a *third* python optional package --
: python-x11.  I don't want to force people to install Xfree86 and tcl/tk just

Actually, that makes sense.  Otherwise, at some point we'll be building
larger and larger (perl|python|ruby|etc) installations with larger and
larger dependencies.  Let's keep the really extraneous stuff that's not
in the base system under dev-(lang).

name:  Jerry Alexandratos         ||  Open-Source software isn't a
phone: 703.599.6023               ||  matter of life or death...
email: jerry@××××××.com           ||  ...It's much more important
                                  ||  than that!

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Python Probs (Achim Gottinger)