From: Javier Marcet <jmarcet@×××××.com>
To: Alan <alan@×××××.org>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o, gentoo-user@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [ANNOUNCE] bayesiam SPAM filter 'bogofilter' ebuild on bugzilla
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2002 00:03:06
1 * Alan <alan@×××××.org> [021108 21:24]:
2
3 >Just my $0.02 about bogofilter....
6 >The two limitations of bogofilter that need to be addressed someone are:
7 > 1 can only "interact" with it through mutt or some custom hacking
8 > through other programs (I think that emacs vm can notify
9 > spam/non-spam with bogofilter if you know the right spell)
10 > 2 needs enough spam and non-spam to properly set up the word lists.
11
12 >However, if 2 is done right, then 1 isn't a real problem.
13
14 >Anyway, that's my $0.02/testimonial :) Spread the love!
15
16 You're right on your observations, but as you have already seen
17 yourself, the power which comes with Bayesian filters has its drawback,
18 that being that you need to train them. The more spam and good mail you
19 feed to the filter, the better it'll work.
20 That also means that each person will have its own words database suited
21 to the kind of spam and good mail each one receives.
22 As to the need for mutt, it really makes things nicer, but I0m confident
23 that other MUA might use it somehow too. I use Mutt, though, so I cannot
24 help with other apps.
28 Javier Marcet <jmarcet@×××××.com>