From: Maurice van der Pot <griffon26@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] What to do with things like -fpie in CFLAGS in environment?
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 19:52:55
1 On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 08:40:55PM +0100, Stephen Bennett wrote:
2 > > Why is -fno-pie being added by filter-flags anyway?
3 >
4 > Because with hardened gcc profiles PIE is the default behaviour. So, if
5 > something doesn't work with pie (which is usually why one would filter
6 > out -fpie), we need to add -fno-pie.
7
8 That's not filtering, that's inverting. In this case I need filtering.
9 I can try to get the developers to change their makefiles, but none of
10 that would help if I can't get -fpie and -fno-pie out of the user's
11 CFLAGS.
12
13 I could of course close any bugs that I would get because of these
14 CFLAGS as invalid and suggest they use the appropriate gcc profile
15 instead.
16
17 Would that be reasonable?
18