From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: Jason Huebel <jhuebel@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Cascading profiles for normal Gentoo usage or not
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 22:53:42
1 On Thu, 2004-08-12 at 18:14, Jason Huebel wrote:
2 > On Thursday 12 August 2004 4:49 pm, Ned Ludd wrote:
3 > > Whats pending and this is getting old is somebody from releng unmasking
4 > > the cascade aware catalyst-1.0.8.1-r1.ebuild.
5 >
6 > Then what's with the /topic on the -dev channel saying we should be testing
7 > cascading profiles for 2004.3?
8 >
9 > "please test cascading profiles...do it for 2004.3!"
10
11 I think that's a nice way of saying "Nobody should add a flat 2004.3
12 profile for the next release cycle"
15 > I also recall seeing a post-2004.2-release email (from you) requesting testing
16 > of the new catalyst that supports cascading.
17 Yeah It's kinda discouraging that there has been no feedback on that.
18
19 > Since I've been off for a
20 > couple of weeks (as has several releng folks), I haven't tested the new
21 > catalyst release.
22
23 It works and it the stuff dreams are made of.
24
25 > Are we pushing the userbase to cascading immediately? If so, this is all news
26 > to me.
27
28 Yes thats is the goal.
31 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
32 Gentoo (hardened,security,infrastructure,embedded,toolchain) Developer