From: "Olivier Crête" <tester@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: rfc: locations of binaries and separate /usr
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2012 20:19:59
1 Hi,
2
3 On Sun, 2012-01-01 at 12:46 -0600, William Hubbs wrote:
4 > I don't think the /{bin,sbin,lib} and /usr/sbin directories should be
5 > deleted.
6 >
7 > However, what I would like to see is that the package maintainers would
8 > be responsible for creating any compatibility symlinks their package
9 > needs, not portage. I don't think it is a good idea to have portage or
10 > any package manager controling the migration.
11
12 The other option is to do mv /bin/* /sbin/* /usr/sbin/* /usr/bin; and
13 then create symlinks from the other dirs to /usr/bin.. That can be done
14 in big move, it's the way Fedora is going to do it.
17 Olivier Crête
18 tester@g.o
19 Gentoo Developer