From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: dropping redundant stable keywords
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2014 18:26:14
1 On Thu, Feb 06, 2014 at 01:48:38AM +0100, Tom Wijsman wrote:
2 > On Wed, 05 Feb 2014 17:05:08 -0500
3 > "Rick \"Zero_Chaos\" Farina" <zerochaos@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 > > >
6 > > > Yes, making the newest versions never available because the old
7 > > > versions sink all your time really stops progress to a dead halt.
8 > > >
9 > >
10 > > Your logic isn't flawed here, it's entirely missing. If version Y is
11 > > stable on all arches but one, and that version is still using version
12 > > X that doesn't affect any of the other arches at all.
13 >
14 > Can this be proven? Why are maintainers like WilliamH upset about this?
15 >
16 > Reference: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/90063
17
18 I was mostly upset because of the appearance of inaction by the arch
19 teams. In my specific case, it wasn't the arm guys I was talking about [1].
20 arm was stable within the first month of adding to the bug.
21
22 I was very concerned because of how long this bug sat in the stable
23 queue with no action being taken, especially since other important
24 packages depended on it.
25
26 William
27