From: George Prowse <george.prowse@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [Gentoo Phoenix] recruitment process
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2010 14:23:18
1 On 03/04/2010 15:05, Petteri Räty wrote:
2 > On 04/03/2010 04:53 PM, George Prowse wrote:
5 >> Armed with a list of where developers are spread too thinly, a
6 >> willingness to answer questions (no matter how stupid you believe them
7 >> to be) and some prior organisation then i see no reason why Gentoo
8 >> wouldn't get an immediate influx of at least 20 well-qualified
9 >> developers and more that are willing to give their time and limited
10 >> knowlege to help out
13 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/staffing-needs/
14 >
15 > I don't know if developers know that this page is autogenerated from
16 > individual project pages these days so it's easy for any developer to
17 > get stuff there.
20 Looking at that page it seems clear that that is not a comprehensive list.
21
22 Maybe if all herds posted who and what they require like this:
23
24 Java Herd
25
26 2 people needed -
27
28 Essential: Java knowlege
29 Recommended - Javascript and ebuild writing
30
31 If no-one is willing to put a plan forward then I might acquiesce to do it.