From: Josh Saddler <nightmorph@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Removing retired developers from project pages
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 17:32:13
1 Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 04:10:14PM +0300, Petteri R??ty wrote:
3 >> I made a patch to remove all retired developers from the project pages.
4 >> If anyone doesn't object I will commit this next week.
5 > Removing the <dev> tags is fine, but please don't remove the <author>
6 > tags. They show who created the page - and there should be an XSLT
7 > transform somewhere that converts them to a current (non-gentoo) email
8 > address for the person, noting that they are retired.
11 Agreed; do *not* remove author credits from any page. Work is work
12 (credit is credit), and in fact GuideXML will automatically convert an
13 @gentoo.org email into whatever non-dev email the retiree left in place.