From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] LINGUAS to be removed from USE_EXPAND
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2017 10:17:50
1 >>>>> On Sun, 31 Dec 2017, Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn wrote:
2
3 > grozin@g.o schrieb:
4 >> The package sci-mathematics/maxima for ages uses linguas_* flags for
5 >> installing translated documentation, the possible values of * are
6 >>
7 >> de es pt pt_BR
8 >>
9 >> This usage is, I suppose, wrong. I tried simply to replace all linguas_ to
10 >> l10n_ in the ebuild, but repoman complains about pt_BR.
11
12 > It should be l10n_pt-BR.
13 > LINGUAS used POSIX locales which define _ as separator between language and
14 > territory, while L10N uses BCP 47 which defines - as separator.
15
16 Right. Actually, the news item [1] has a brief explanation (even with
17 pt-BR as example):
18
19 | Note that while the common two letter language codes (like "de" or
20 | "fr") are identical, more complex entries have a different syntax
21 | because L10N now uses IETF language tags. (For example, "pt_BR"
22 | becomes "pt-BR" and "sr@latin" becomes "sr-Latn".) You can look up
23 | the available codes in profiles/desc/l10n.desc in the gentoo tree.
24 | A detailed description of language tags (aka BCP 47) can be found
25 | at: https://www.w3.org/International/articles/language-tags/
26
27 Ulrich
28