From: Duncan Coutts <dcoutts@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] The future of ebuild
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 19:52:37
1 On Sun, 2008-02-24 at 13:02 +0200, Felipe Contreras wrote:
2
3 > > Take a look at Nix. It's a distribution-agnostic package manager that
4 > > uses a purely functional DSL for package specifications.
5 > > http://nix.cs.uu.nl/index.html
6 >
7 > That's exactly what I'm taking about :) I'll try it out. Thanks for
8 > sharing the link.
9 >
10 > Is there any interest in the Gentoo community to migrate to Nix?
11
12 It's quite a radical departure and requires more accurate information
13 about packages. We'll see how the NixOS people get on.
16 Duncan Coutts : Gentoo Developer (Haskell team)
19 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list