From: Dan Meltzer <parallelgrapefruit@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: GLEP 42 (Critical News Reporting) round five
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 03:33:26
1 >Internationalisable
2 > Being able to provide messages in multiple languages may be beneficial.
3
4 Not quite sure, is it required for GLEP's to be in american English or
5 is UK English fine?
6
7 Pointing at Internationalizable
8
9 On 12/12/05, Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o> wrote:
10 > Ok, new draft. Changes are as follows:
11 >
12 > * mysql-4.1, not -5.
13 >
14 > * Added einfo, ewarn to the list of methods currently used
15 >
16 > * Added + and : to the allowed news item IDs, to match package name
17 > policy (Kugelfang thought we might need, say, a libstdc++ news item at
18 > some point)
19 >
20 > * Changed /var/lib/portage to /var/lib/gentoo
21 >
22 > * The news file is now named 'news-magic-chicken.*'. News clients are
23 > to use a wildcard rather than hardcoding magic-chicken.
24 >
25 > * Added emerge --ask thingie
26 >
27 > * news.read is now mandatory for interactive clients, and ignored for
28 > gateway clients
29 >
30 > Read the whole thing before commenting please.
31 >
32 > --
33 > Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (I can kill you with my brain)
34 > Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
35 > Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm
41 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list