From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Questions about XML files used in portage
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 14:40:14
1 On Wednesday 21 September 2005 16:18, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > I think the problem here was that longdescription was in an ebuild, but
3 > was empty.
4 >
5 > Also, packages.gentoo.org doesn't use this data, but rather just the
6 > DESCRIPTION field in the ebuild, at least for the few that I checked
7 > that have a longdescription in metadata.xml...
8
9 I know it doesn't, that does not preclude that it was mainly meant for
10 such purposes. There has even been a short expirmental package list based
11 on xml/xslt which used it, but it's searching mode was way too slow, so
12 it was abandoned.
13
14 In any case a longdescription tag if present should not be empty.
15
16 Paul
19 Paul de Vrieze
20 Gentoo Developer