From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] {Guide,Project, Foo}XML too confusing for many devs?
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 01:03:06
1 Thanks for all the replies (and the offers of help, very comforting). I
2 will no longer accept the excuse of 'I can't write GuideXML' since we have
3 an army of volunteers to GuideXMLify stuff for us :)
4
5 As such, I don't need to learn (I know enough to get by, and with this
6 glep index I'll soon know more than I want to most likely).
7
8 The intent of my inquiry was really to get a bunch of viewpoints on how
9 documentation is handled. We 'train' via a quiz and mentoring developers
10 to do ebuild tasks but we slack on other things. Devs don't *need* to
11 know GuideXML but it would be nice to have a small tutorial (see fex, the
12 cvs 'tutorial' in the dev docs) so that a new dev could get somewhat
13 familiar with the whole process of making or editing a page.
14
15 I agree it is a manpower issue; we have had Gentoo Status projects in the
16 past that all pretty much died and part of my thought is to basically
17 force the project leads to write reports but thats not very nice either ;)
18
19 Once again thanks for the input ;)
20
21 -Alec