From: Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] January 2010 meeting date
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 18:07:44
1 Fabian Groffen wrote:
2 > On 15-12-2009 09:54:36 -0700, Denis Dupeyron wrote:
3 >> I will be following up discussions on various mailing lists to prepare
4 >> the agenda. If you already want to suggest topics feel free to reply
5 >> to this thread. You'll get a second chance with the meeting reminder
6 >> approximately two weeks before the meeting. I will be sending a
7 >> message about the two topics which did not make it last time and
8 >> explain why. I should have sent that much earlier but well... you
9 >> know...
10 >
11 > I'd like to council to discuss the current *$^&!! policy of
12 > -dev-announce and -dev. I'd propose to at least implement the following
13 > behaviour such that I:
14 > - don't have to see some mails 3 (!) times and many 2 times
15 > - don't get lost where the mail is/was
16 > - get broken threading because the original mail was sent to another
17 > list
18 >
19 > Proposed behaviour:
20 > Aautomatically send all mail sent to -dev-announce to -dev.
21 > Benefits:
22 > - any reply-to hackery for -dev-announce to -dev unnecessary
23 > - being subscrived to -dev alone is enough (alternatively -dev-announce
24 > can be /dev/null-ed)
25 > - threads are complete, instead of scattered over some lists
26 > - multiple copies can be avoided
27 > - cross-list posting can be reduced to a minimum
31 In general there are too many mail lists to even care about the
32 semantics of -dev-announce. Even this thread is being carried out on
33 -dev and -council. Well, that was the attempt, but no one that has
34 replied so far is on the -council list so the attempted thread on that
35 list is dead too.
36 -Jeremy