From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gv and bitchx
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 12:09:11
1 On Thursday 09 August 2001 17:21, you wrote:
2 > hi !
3 > sorry for posting here again, but for now i get no postings
4 > from gentoo-ebuild.
5 gentoo-ebuild is only for submissions.
8 > so, i did "emerge --clean rsync",
9 > but neither gv nor bitchx-gtk will build,
10 > with the same old problems...
11
12 Well, all I can say is - I have absolutely no idea what might be causing your
13 problem. It *seems* to be related to the dev. environment, possibly to gentoo
14 specifics. But since I cannot reproduce it I can't really do anything.
15
16 If anyone has any other ideas, I'd apprecite them.
17
18 Last idea (since nothing else worked): untar the source and do:
19
20 > cd gv-3.5.8
21 > xmkmf
22 > make Makefiles
23 > cd source
24 > make gv
25
26 Which should have nothing whatsoever to do with gv.man. If the same error
27 shows up, apply my two patches (in /usr/portage/app-text/gv/files) and try
28 again. If it *still* appears, it must be magic, since the second patch
29 removes every occurence of gv.man from source/Makefile. In that case, I can
30 only recommend you to use a substitute like ggv. I'm sorry I cuold not have
31 been more helpful.
37 Dan Armak
38 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team
39 Matan, Israel