From: Luigi Mantellini <luigi.mantellini.ml@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] EAPI 7 in Portage needs YOU!
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 11:15:21
1 See this bug https://bugs.gentoo.org/424283
2
3 Speaking as a monkey user, I would like to have a fast dependency tree
4 resolution on emerge tasks.
5 Another exotic feature is to use a layered filesystem in order to keep
6 different sets on different layers. (Example: layer system: core utils,
7 layer desktop: application, layer user: other stuffs). Something like nixos
8 or coreos (rip.). When install, portage will create a snapshot of the
9 destination layer, and install on this. This will increase the complexity
10 and will us happy to discover something of new.
11
12 ciao
13
14 luigi