From: Rayiner Hashem <heliosc@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Optimizations
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 14:09:10
1 First off, great distro. It needs more documentation, and some of the
2 builds don't work, but overall, it is *very* cool.
3
4 I just have a couple of questions. First, what optimizations are used
5 in compiling the latest (RC4_pre2 I think) distribution? I read the
6 article about the development of Gentoo and at the end you said that
7 you would use -mpentium -O2 optimizations. However, the make.defaults
8 uses the -m486 optimizations. I would just like some clarification on
9 which one was used to build the distro. Also, I was wondering if one
10 could automatically recompile the distro using -mpentiumpro
11 optimizations, something along the lines of BSD's make World. Thanks
12 for your time,
13 Rayiner Hashem.