From: "Marcelo Góes" <vanquirius@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Make logrotate a global USE flag?
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 03:41:34
1 Reposting since I don't think my last e-mail got through...
2
3 On 1/29/06, Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o> wrote:
4 > People who don't want it can set INSTALL_MASK. It should be installed by
5 > default and not switchable with a USE flag.
6
7 If INSTALL_MASK is the correct way to prevent logrotate stuff from
8 being installed, then those 8 ebuilds I mentioned earlier should drop
9 the USE flag and install it by default. That's probably easier to fix,
10 too.
11
12 Regardless of how one controls whether logrotate stuff is installed or
13 not, we should make it one way only. Each package doing its own thing
14 is confusing.
15
16 While at it, we might want to mention it in our documentation, too
17 (cron-guide.xml and/or hb-install-tools.xml perhaps?). I don't
18 remember reading anything about this, and neither does grep/Google.
19
20 Marcelo
23 Marcelo Góes
24 marcelogoes@×××××.com