From: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in games-strategy/openxcom: openxcom-1.0.0.ebuild metadata.xml Manifest ChangeLog
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2014 20:07:08
1 Maxim Koltsov (maksbotan):
2 > # Copyright 1999-2014 Gentoo Foundation
3 > # Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2
4 > # $Header: /var/cvsroot/gentoo-x86/games-strategy/openxcom/openxcom-1.0.0.ebuild,v 1.1 2014/06/14 16:15:27 maksbotan Exp $
5 >
6 > EAPI=5
7 >
8 > inherit cmake-utils games
9
10 eutils.eclass is missing, but you make use of doicon/domenu
13 > DESCRIPTION="An open-source reimplementation of the popular UFO: Enemy Unknown"
14 > HOMEPAGE="http://openxcom.org/"
15 > SRC_URI="http://openxcom.org/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2014/06/${P}.tar.gz"
16 >
17 > LICENSE="GPL-3"
18
19 There seem to be more licenses, at least I find ZLIB in loadpng.h.
20
21 > SLOT="0"
22 > KEYWORDS="~amd64 ~x86"
23 > IUSE="debug doc"
24 >
25 > RDEPEND="app-arch/unzip
26 > >=dev-cpp/yaml-cpp-0.5.1
27 > media-libs/libsdl
28
29 It is very uncommon that games work without any libsdl USE flag enabled.
30 Did you double check?
31
32 > media-libs/sdl-gfx
33 > media-libs/sdl-image
34
35 Sure we don't need any use flags here? I see resources that are png files.
36
37 > media-libs/sdl-mixer"
38
39 The bug says something about intro music in different formats, yet we
40 don't have any USE flags for sdl-mixer. Did you test with all of them
41 disabled?
42
43 Further: Opengl is missing as a dependency. It directly links against it
44 and cmake checks for it.
45
46 > DEPEND="${RDEPEND}
47 > doc? ( app-doc/doxygen )"
48 >
49 > DOCS=( README.txt )
52 add cmake-utils_src_prepare explicitly, otherwise we might face issues
53 wrt bug #513170 (games.eclass inherits base.eclass which exports
54 src_prepare)
55
56 > src_configure() {
57 > mycmakeargs=(
58
59 why not make it "local mycmakeargs"?
60
61 > "-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=${GAMES_PREFIX}"
62 > "-DDATADIR=${GAMES_DATADIR}/${PN}"
63 > )
64 > cmake-utils_src_configure
65 > }
66 >
67 > src_compile() {
68 > use doc && cmake-utils_src_compile doxygen
69 > cmake-utils_src_compile
70 > }
71 >
72 > src_install() {
73 > cmake-utils_src_install
74 > use doc && dohtml -r "${CMAKE_BUILD_DIR}"/docs/html/*
75 > doicon res/linux/icons/openxcom.svg
76
77 The modern way is to do:
78 doicon -s scalable res/linux/icons/openxcom.svg
79
80 and then update the icon cache, see games-action/trosh for an example
81 (and besides, it's an awesome game, lol)
82
83 > domenu res/linux/openxcom.desktop
84 >
85 > prepgamesdirs
86 > }
87 >
88 > pkg_postinst() {
89 > games_pkg_postinst
90 > elog "In order to play you need to copy GEODATA, GEOGRAPH, MAPS, ROUTES, SOUND,"
91 > elog "TERRAIN, UFOGRAPH, UFOINTRO, UNITS folders from the original X-COM game to"
92 > elog "${GAMES_DATADIR}/${PN}/data"
93
94 The above almost looks like it should also be in some kind of readme,
95 maybe use readme.gentoo here?
96
97 > }
101 Did you get a review from the games team?