From: Martin Vaeth <martin@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: rfc: /etc/init.d/modules loading modules defined in files
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 13:04:43
1 Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> wrote:
2 >>
3 >> modules=$(sed -n -e '/^[^;#]/p' /etc/modules-load.d/*.conf \
4 >> /usr/lib/modules-load.d/*.conf 2>/dev/null || : )
5 >
6 > This simple implementation does not follow the precedence rules
7 > documented in modules-load.d(5).
8
9 I didn't mean it as the recommended implementation for openrc,
10 but just wanted to illustrate that such pre-implementation are
11 already in use. (Currently, this implementation is sufficient,
12 because currently practically nothing installs into
13 /usr/lib/modules-load.d, so masking is currently unneeded).
14
15 _Of course_ I would suggest that a proper implementation in
16 openrc should follow the standard completely.