From: John Krukoff <jkrukoff@××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Multiple Monitor Support USE variable
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 00:55:54
1 I've been running a multiple-monitor box, and I had to jump through a
2 few hoops to get it working right. The most continually annoying thing
3 though is having to edit the fluxbox ebuild file and add in
4 --enable-xinerama every time I sync. I haven't researched, but I'd
5 imagine that other window managers in particular might have xinerama (X
6 extension to stretch a single window manager across multiple screens)
7 specific configuration options.
8
9 So, what I'm suggesting is a new USE variable to allow ebuild packagers
10 to make support for such configurable. Probably something along the
11 lines of 'xinerama' or 'multimon'.