From: George Shapovalov <george@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Fwd: WorldForge libraries in the gentoo package database
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 01:56:02
1 Hi guys.
2
3 Mostly a heads-up for the games team.
4
5 I got this message today, from WorldForge Infrastructure Coordinator
6 effectively notifying us that they are about to release new version of
7 media-libs/atlas-c++ library. I suspect I was a subject of this notification
8 because I was the last one in the ChangeLog for duing a minor clean-up and a
9 version bump, and apparently I got this bug because of the "atlas" in the
10 name.
11 However this package does not belong to me or any of the herds I am associated
12 with (hint to bug-wranglers: this package has no relation to the
13 app-sci/atlas, its a games library ;)). From what I could find in bugzilla
14 and ChangeLog the package still looks a bit abandoned to me. Therefore I am
15 dropping this message here to notify our games team that media-libs/atlas-c++
16 is awailable for pick-up by some games herd ;). Oh, and that you should await
17 a notification (likely via bugzilla, now that I replied to him and described
18 how the updates and other bugs are handled on our side, since he was asking
19 for "the procedure") when the release comes out ;).
20
21 George
22
23 ---------- Forwarded Message ----------
24
25 Subject: WorldForge libraries in the gentoo package database
26 Date: Sunday 08 February 2004 15:30
27 From: bear <bear@×××××××××.com>
28 To: george@g.o
29
30 We (WorldForge) are about ready to release updated versions of our
31 libraries, tools and clients and one of the devs mentioned that there
32 was a Gentoo entry for atlas-c++
33
34 Are you still interested in emerging WorldForge libs or is there a
35 procedure we can follow?
36
37 thanks,
38 bear
39 WorldForge Infrastructure Coordinator
40
45 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list