From: Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] draft glep: multi-repo
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 00:20:21
1 On Sat, Dec 17, 2005 at 11:25:58PM +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 15:15:48 -0800 Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o>
3 > wrote:
4 > | True stand alone repository capabilities aren't required/bound to
5 > | glep42, all that's required out of glep42 is that the syncing repo id
6 > | be used now (even if it may seem superfluous). Iow, news *should*
7 > | work regardless if it's an overlay or a stand alone repo.
8 >
9 > Not quite true. I also need to know how to handle Display-If-Installed
10 > and Display-If-Profile headers with multiple repositories. Hence why
11 > I'd prefer to leave it as "something that can easily be implemented in
12 > the future"...
13
14 News is repo specific. What I stated in the glep42 thread email
15 covers this already; zmedico already adress Display-If-Profile
16 (namely, a simple portageq extension).
17
18 What remaining straw men are there for ignoring the portage
19 developers requests?
20 ~harring