From: Wyatt Epp <wyatt.epp@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Are tags just sets?
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 22:02:55
1 On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 17:23, Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
2 > That wasn't what I was thinking of.  Package masking is also something
3 > we carefully control in the repository but users can override it FOR
4 > THEIR OWN SYSTEMS.  With tags I think that there were concepts
5 > floating around of letting anybody influence how packages are tagged.
6 >
7 Ah yes, I think it was Jorge that mentioned that. And it's a good
8 idea, too: it streamlines the patch process for tag updates and it
9 gives us an idea of what sorts of things users find important for
10 discovering packages. But because the proposed solution is so simple,
11 we can handle that later pretty easily as long as we agree on what
12 we're doing up front to actually enable this.
13
14 Cheers,
15 Wyatt