From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××××××.eu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New eclass: autotools-multilib-minimal
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 10:11:56
1 On 24/02/2013 11:06, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > Then don't put 'autotools' in the name.
3
4 +1
5
6 > Yes, everyone sees 'a bit more' but nobody so far was able to point
7 > what it is exactly. Or people simply don't know what PMS does nowadays.
8
9 I've been trying to get myself to use autotools-utils more often lately,
10 especially since I think at this point, with multilib support easier to
11 wire in it than others, it would be the right way to proceed with (it's
12 going to be a ruddy mess with orthogonal ABIs such as Ruby's but I don't
13 want to go there right now).
14
15 The only thing that would upset me in all of this is something that is
16 unfortunately needed for multilib builds to not be completely idiotic,
17 and that is the out-of-source builds. I had to fix one package for that
18 already (lksctp-tools).
19
20 On the other hand I usually fixed that stuff anyway because I use
21 out-of-source builds when I'm developing them so...
22
23 Btw, I know I've been more than rough on Michał before, so I guess I'd
24 better say this out loud: I really like his roadmap toward multilib
25 support. Kudos!
28 Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
29 flameeyes@×××××××××.eu — http://blog.flameeyes.eu/