From: Karl Trygve Kalleberg <karltk@×××××××.no>
To: Russell Tennant <russ@×××××××.org>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Pledge of Allegiance. Please forward
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 17:17:52
1 On Fri, 19 Jul 2002, Russell Tennant wrote:
2
3 > Seriously, can we check posts against subscribers?
4
5 > Is this possible, worthwhile, bad side effects, etc?
6
7 Possible:yes, desirable: no; we'd like people to be able fire off a mail
8 to gentoo-dev (and gentoo-user) without being subscribed.
9
10 Now that we're finally rid of the Reply-To: madness, this is actually
11 practical for non-subscribers, too.
12
13 > It'd be nice not to get all the virii warnings, spam, etc.
14
15 Most virii and spam have been sent my list members with infected systems;
16 closing the list would obviously not fix that problem.
17
18 > I know this has been mentioned - just haven't seen any responses to
19 > those questions. Thanks.
20
21 Two immediate solutions is being worked on:
22
23 1) Better spam filter
24 2) I'm probably going to ban all mails containing HTML attachments.
25
26 After that, we may consider closing the list. If that doesn't improve,
27 we'll probably stop accepting mail sent from Outlook ;P
30 Kind regards,
31
32 Karl T