From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Suggestion for getting rid of udev
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 05:05:50
1 On 10/11/2011 09:40 PM, Walter Dnes wrote:
2 > Hi all
3 >
4 > Recently, there was a firestorm on the gentoo-user list over the idea
5 > that udev would eventually require /usr to be on the same physical
6 > parition as /, or else use initramfs, which is its own can of worms. I'm
7 > not a programmer, let alone a developer. Rather than merely ranting, I
8 > went and searched for an alternative.
9
10 Are you aware of the simple linuxrc approach that I suggested here?
11
12 http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/msg_20749880f5bc5feda141488498729fe8.xml
15 Thanks,
16 Zac