From: Jeffrey Forman <jforman@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, gentoo-core@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] UPGRADE complete bugs.gentoo.org
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 00:17:16
1 Hey All,
2
3 The upgrade for bugs.gentoo.org went exactly as I had planned for.
4 Completed in under 20 minutes, which included this email. I've upgraded
5 our Bugzilla from the old 2.18rc2 to 2.18.1. This fixes more security
6 and code than I can even begin to mention. I have cleaned out a lot of
7 the code and added in some nice features.
8
9 Those nice features I'd like to higlight:
10
11 (1) In the bug list, enhancements are colored green, while critical and
12 blocker bugs are still colored red. This should help in picking out the
13 enhancement bugs.
14 (2) Spam-Spider avoidance measures. When not logged in to the bugzilla
15 system, all reporters and commenters show up just as names, there are NO
16 email addresses. When logged in, one can see names and email addresses.
17 This should help stump spam spiders which parse web pages looking for
18 name@××××××.org
19 (3) I have cleaned up the 'useful links' and footer section. Your logged
20 in name, and log out link is now found left justified under the bugzilla
21 version. As opposed to all the way on the right and as 'regular' text.
22 (4) Comments now have [reply] links where clicking, will append the
23 reply into the 'Additional Comments' textbox where one can easily
24 comment on earlier replies.
25 (5) Strikeouts now work for bugs with closed-like resolutions. Allows a
26 user to more quickly tell the status of a resolved bug.
27
28 Anything else I've forgotten, I will happily take full credit for. I
29 would also like to thank the numerous bugzilla developers over in
30 irc.mozilla.org in #mozwebtools. They were endlessly patient with my
31 questions and I am endlessly greatful.
32
33 I want to thank all those who use our bugzilla system for making Gentoo
34 Linux the great distribution it is.
35
36 Regards,
37 Jeffrey Forman