From: Jim Ramsay <lack@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] make_desktop_entry in eutils.eclass
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 15:07:17
1 Thomas de Grenier de Latour wrote:
2 > On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 23:30:53 -0500, Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
3 > wrote:
4 >
5 > > about the only thing that'd work is an additional parameter called
6 > > "cruft" that'd be passed unfiltered into the .desktop file
7 >
8 > You can also imagine a "-v" switch, which would make this function print
9 > the full path (with its $D prefix) of the file.desktop it has created.
10 > This way, people could do:
11 >
12 > src_install() {
13 > ...
14 > local desktop_file=$(make_desktop_entry -v ...) || die
15 > echo "MimeType=..." >> "${desktop_file}"
16 > ...
17 > }
18 >
19 > I don't say this solution is better than the "cruft" parameter though,
20 > it's really a matter of taste.
21
22 Nice. I like this idea, and humbly request that someone implement it
23 in this way, or give me permission to do so.
26 Jim Ramsay
27 Gentoo/Linux Developer (rox)