From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposed addition to the Social Contract
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 15:33:18
1 Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > On Sun, 2007-03-25 at 22:46 +0100, Christel Dahlskjaer wrote:
3 >
4 >> And how exactly does this help us in the event of say the OSL burning
5 >> down or the GNi suffering flooding? :)
6 >>
7 >
8 > Well, we're on the second floor of the data center which has a quite
9 > large basement, which would likely absorb most of the water. About the
10 > only feasible way for our stuff to get flooded is if the San Andreas
11 > finally gets the "big one" and the west coast of the US falls into the
12 > Pacific, in which case, we'll be worried about other issues, I'm sure.
13 >
14 > That being said, you're more than welcome to assist Infrastructure (and
15 > the Foundation) in finding new hosting locations as well as the manpower
16 > to bring new services up in those locations or moving existing services.
17 > Doing moves like this is a bunch of work, and not something I feel we
18 > should be "dumping" on the Infrastructure team.
19 >
20 >
21
22 Can I assume this building has indoor plumbing? It can be on the top
23 floor and still get flooded. I saw a house once that the hot water
24 heater busted and water was about a foot deep and was coming out the walls.
25
26 More than one way to "flood" a building. :/
27
28 Dale
29
31
32 --
33 www.myspace.com/-remove-me-dalek1967
34
35 Copy n paste then remove the -remove-me- part.