From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-user] Multiple distdirs patch
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 06:44:55
1 On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 12:11:20AM -0500, Kurt V. Hindenburg wrote:
2 > Just a quick note : If you want to have mutlitple directories in your
3 > distfiles search, try my patch. There are still a number of things that
4 > don't work. Make sure you have the original portage.py as backup.
5 > http://www.cherrynebula.net/projects/gentoo/gentoo.html
6 > Feedback is welcomed.
7
8 Nice progress on this Kurt. Your patch seems to work here for me, with the
9 version of portage you meant it for.
10
11 Reviewing the latest patch, I see this chunk:
12 @@ -1399,9 +1506,11 @@
13 return 0
14 myfile=basedir+"/"+x
15 if not os.path.exists(myfile):
16 - if strict:
17 - print "!!! File does not exist:",myfile
18 - return 0
19 +#KVH
20 +# What is this suppose to do??? Error : strict variable not found
21 +# if strict:
22 +# print "!!! File does not exist:",myfile
23 +# return 0
24 continue
25 mymd5=perform_md5(myfile)
26 if mymd5 != mydigests[x][0]:
29 'strict' relates to FEATURES='strict'.
30
31 Once you fix that up to so that strict behaves properly, as well as changing this:
32 + for d in settings["DISTDIRS"].split(" "):
33 into:
34 + for d in settings["DISTDIRS"].split(":"):
35
36 So that it splits on the proper UNIX path seperator as we originally discussed,
37 I'd be happy to take this patch up to carpaski. You asked who has spaces in
38 their paths, well, OSX for definate, and if you use samba to provide home
39 directories for users, spaces turn up there, and in many other places. I use
40 them wherever they have proper use (instead of cheating with _)
41
42 One other thing, to make life easier, could you possible please keep it up to
43 date with the latest masked portage? (2.0.49_pre17 as I write this).
46 Robin Hugh Johnson
47 E-Mail : robbat2@××××××××××××××.net
48 Home Page : http://www.orbis-terrarum.net/?l=people.robbat2
49 ICQ# : 30269588 or 41961639
50 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85