From: "Andreas K. Hüttel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Value of Continuous integration vs Code Review / Pull Requests
Date: Wed, 27 May 2020 10:42:55
1 > Works great for whom? How many deployments are we talking about? To be
2 > honest, I don't think I've stumbled upon a single instance.
3 > On the other hand, GitLab deployments are pretty common -- GNOME, Xfce,
4 > Debian come instantly to my mind. Then, there's Heptapod -- the GitLab
5 > fork for Mercurial.
6
7 KDE also just migrated to GitLab.
10 > > Gerrit is widely used for large projects and I'm not worried for ::gentoo
11 > > and we have deployed gerrit and it seems to work fine. Gerrit doesn't have
12 > > CI (we would need to deploy something) and it uses gitweb for repository
13 > > browsing (which we use today.)
14 >
15 > Not to mention it's ugly and I found it cumbersome to use.
16
17 Everytime I tried to use Gerrit I got so thouroughly confused that I gave up
18 after a while.
21 Andreas K. Hüttel
22 dilfridge@g.o
23 Gentoo Linux developer
24 (council, qa, toolchain, base-system, perl, libreoffice)