From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Things one could be upset about
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2015 14:58:56
1 On Saturday 17 January 2015 14:32:03 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Sat, 17 Jan 2015 21:03:30 +0800
3 >
4 > Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o> wrote:
5 > > Last time I tested paludis it was slower
6 >
7 > You've yet to do a like-for-like comparison...
8
9 Hello hostile upstream.
10
11 It was as "like for like" as possible, even when there had to be workaround to
12 make paludis build (and wait multiple hours as it is kinda horribly C++) as it
13 tried to OOM very nicely.
14
15 You can continue whining about it as much as you want, my results were
16 duplicated by multiple people and you never offered a tweaked comparison that
17 is to your liking. So stop whining (which is amusingly the trigger for my
18 initial email - people whining about irrelevant things instead of doing
19 something useful).