From: drobbins@g.o
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] virtual packages?
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2001 09:49:03
1 On Sun, Feb 04, 2001 at 03:40:08AM -0500, pbg1854@×××××××××××××××.edu wrote:
2
3 > Oh, and I'd like to have emacs, is anyone working on making it into a
4 > package? If not, I will try to do it myself. Is there any kind of
5 > documentation on the ebuild/portage system? I suppose I could just read the
6 > source and figure it out myself...
7
8 app-editors/gtk-xemacs is available. It'll work in text mode with the -nw
9 option, but that's all we've got.
10
11 Personally, I think the ebuild system is easy to figure out. However, we do
12 have three man pages available in the most recent version of Portage (1.4-r10).
13 There are now man pages for ebuild(1), ebuild(5) and make.defaults(5). Achim
14 created the man pages and I've had time to spiff up ebuild(1) only. The others
15 are not too descriptive but still helpful... hopefully, that'll help you guys
16 out for the time being, and I'll try to add and improve them as I have time.
17
18 Best Regards,
21 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
22 President/CEO http://www.gentoo.org