From: AGottinger@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] apache.ebuild and recursive updates
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 19:50:11
1 Peter Fischer wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi everybody!
4 >
5 > I am currently trying to write my first ebuild script
6 > and I am facing some problems:
7 > I want to do a crossover of apache*.ebuild und several apache autobuild
8 > scripts on the net( "http://prometheus.zerodivide.net/apache_kit/" and
9 > "http://www.apachetoolbox.com/", which compile a big bunch of 3rd party modules), as
10 > well as some other modules like mod_mp3, mod_gzip...
11 >
12 > This leads to my 1st question:
13 > Should a ebuild script administrate such a big pile of software or should I
14 > rather write "3rdparty.ebuild" and leave apache, jakarta... as they are?
18 Hi Peter,
19
20 If possible use separate packages for the additional modules, beacuse we
21 can not make sub packages from
22 within one ebuild at the moment. Thank you for doing these stuff.
23
24 bye achim
25
26 We're on irc most of the times