From: "Fernando J. Pereda" <ferdy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] A few questions to our nominees
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2008 09:33:54
1 On 8 Jun 2008, at 11:12, Piotr Jaroszyński wrote:
2
3 > Hello,
4 >
5 > looks like every nominee wants the council to be more technical so I
6 > have a few technical questions for you:
7 >
8 > 1. GLEP54
9 > 2. GLEP55
10 > 3. Most wanted changes in future EAPIs
11 >
12 > [1] - http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/glep/glep-0054.html
13 > [2] - http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/glep/glep-0055.html
14
15 Hi,
16
17 I already argued in favour of both GLEP54 and GLEP55 in a council
18 meeting. I'm eager to know what real problems people have with those.
19 Until now, we've only seen stupid complains such as: 'changing
20 extension breaks my shitty scripts', 'it looks weird', 'I don't
21 understand what you are talking about, yet I want to comment', 'but
22 scm means something else for me'...
23
24 Other than that, I'm looking forward to both GLEPs being accepted
25 whether I make it to the council or not.
26
27 With respect to future EAPIs, from the top of my head, I'd like Gentoo
28 to have:
29
30 * USE dependencies.
31 * Suggested dependencies.
32 * Blockers information to the package manager.
33 * Proper SCM integration with the package manager.
34
35 - ferdy--
36 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list