From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: Gentoo-Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo volenteers to help with linuxabi
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 18:24:47
1 Hi
2
3 As those who fiddle with 2.5 and now 2.6 kernels know, there is some
4 breakage due to kernel headers changing. Now, according to the official
5 feelings LKML side, it should be fixed with headers that only contain
6 the user-land ABI.
7
8 Up until now, there has not been much response in "who that know enouth
9 will lead this". But finally it seems Andries Brouwer have stepped up
10 to do or at least start the job.
11
12 There was some discussion, but nothing definite from Linux yet. I do
13 however feel that it might be an good if some of us with free time, and
14 required knowledge of development and C might lend a hand ?
15
16 Now please do understand, I have not yet talked to Andries, and Linus
17 have not given his blessing yet, but I thought I should test the water
18 at least
19
20 Comments ?
23 Thanks,
27 Martin Schlemmer
28 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer
29 Cape Town, South Africa