From: flameeyes@gmail.com (Diego 'Flameeyes' =?utf-8?Q?Petten=C3=B2?=)
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Remember, please don't use upstream-provided bootstrap unless necessary
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 17:23:01
In Reply to: [gentoo-dev] Remember, please don't use upstream-provided bootstrap unless necessary by flameeyes@gmail.com (Diego 'Flameeyes' =?utf-8?Q?Petten=C3=B2?=)
1 flameeyes@×××××.com (Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò) writes:
2
3 > Please refrain from using those if you can.
4
5 As I was asked for an example see this commit I made today:
6
7 http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo-x86/app-backup/boxbackup/boxbackup-0.10.ebuild?r1=1.9&r2=1.10
8
9 the original ebuild used the bootstrap script (in src_compile by the
10 way, which is very bad for me), and depended on autoconf directly,
11 without forcing which version should have been used.
12
13 The new version instead uses autotools.eclass, calls eautoreconf, sets
14 its AT_M4DIR as the bootstrap script did (and again, ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS is
15 what upstream should have used).
16
17 This way warnings and errors from autotools won't be seen by the users,
18 but will be logged in case stuff fialed, and you don't have to rely on
19 the bootstrap script not making stupid stuff.
22 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò
23 http://blog.flameeyes.eu/