From: Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] About suggesting to create a separate partition for portage tree in handbook
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 14:54:23
1 On 28 March 2012 20:16, Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Tue, 2012-03-27 at 19:16 +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
3 >> But that's ok, because extensive studies have shown that the only
4 possible
5 >> reasons for putting /usr/portage on its own partition are historical,
6 >> since everyone has an SSD now.
9 > Yeah, right. Since I must be the only one out there that doesn't yet
10 > have an SSD, you'll give me (and anyone else that still doesn't) one?
11 > --
12 > Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>
13
14 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm
15
16 Unfortunately, when on the internet, this often transmutes into :
17
18 https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/dick
19
20 [image: Inline images 1]