From: "Stephen P. Becker" <geoman@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Misquoted in the GWN
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 19:09:04
1 >>| I suggest that in the future, all developers who are directly quoted
2 >>| in the GWN are contacted prior to posting the quotes. I realize that
3 >>| this will put a bit more work load on the GWN authors, but it should
4 >>| be as simple as sending a mail with the relevant section quoted for
5 >>| the developer to accept.
6 >>
7 >>Also, why not bring back the "post to -core" requirement? Make it a
8 >>rule that it can't be labelled as an official Gentoo publication unless
9 >>it gets some review...
10 >
11 > Why not bring back the "the GWN is a community thing and YOU can also contribute!!!" mentality?
12 >
13 > That Ulrich and I have made some suboptimal decisions in the past is a
14 > fact, but why aren't there more contributors to the GWN so that we two
15 > aren't single points of failure?
18 Errrr...since when did the number of people working on the GWN have
19 anything to do with horribly misquoting somebody's blog? Are you
20 suggesting there is a critical number of folks working on the GWN which
21 will automagically prevent this sort of thing from happening? Sorry, I
22 don't buy that. The issue here is that Brix was never contacted to
23 review the GWN content prior to having his blog publically twisted into
24 inaccurate bullshit.
25
26 -Steve
27 --