From: Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Response to a "friendly note" about changing bug reports
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2013 21:46:18
1 23:37:25 <willikins> rej, you have notes! [21:13] <mrueg> Let me
2 rephrase this: Just a friendly notice to please refrain from rephrasing
3 bug summaries from "Stabilize ${P}" to "${P} stable req". This just
4 adds unneeded noise to the bug. I don't want this on bugs I've reported
5 or am assigned to.
8 This is my equally short and "friendly" note: It's not going to happen.
9 Forget about it. They are not "your" bug reports and anyone is
10 actually /welcome/ to improve them. Get used to it.
11
12 To get technical on the "improvement" bit, we have agreed time on time
13 that stating the atom and then the action is the way to go. The main
14 reasons is that it helps people who need to regularly read /lists/ of
15 bug summaries sort them better. Until we get a specific [Atoms] field
16 implemented, it will need to stay this way.
17
18 Besides the finer technical points of bug maintenance, it simply
19 infuriates me that anyone would think of bug reports in the possessive.
20 This is not the way to improve the distro. You're on the wrong track
21 there. And you weren't being friendly.
24 No kind regards to the sender,
25 jer