From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [soc] Python bindings for Paludis
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 20:38:30
1 On Thu, 2007-03-29 at 21:02 +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 12:25:00 -0700
3 > Ned Ludd <solar@g.o> wrote:
4 > > You are being dismissive of the hard work others are doing. I find
5 > > that downright offensive. You want to write a kickass package manager
6 > > then by all means do it. But trying to make yourself look good by
7 > > making others look bad is an underhanded trick.
8 >
9 > This has nothing to do with the people. It's about the code. Not being
10 > able to make changes to a huge mess of spaghetti code doesn't imply any
11 > lack of talent in those who try...
12 >
13 > Please stop looking for excuses for interpreting something as
14 > offensive...
15
16 The correct reply should of been.
17 "I'm sorry I did not mean to offend anybody. I'll make an effort to not
18 make any cheap shots"
19
20 --
21 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>