From: Chris Bainbridge <c.j.bainbridge@×××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: Niches and new developers (especially xbox)
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 21:44:44
1 On Thursday 10 June 2004 22:11, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > The possibility of having an official Gentoo port are pretty much
3 > non-existent so long as there is a question of the legality of such a
4 > port.  We cannot allow ourselves to be liable in breaking laws.
5
6 I do not understand this concern regarding the legality of the xbox gentoo
7 effort. Can you state specifically what your concerns are, and which laws you
8 think are being broken?
9
10 btw, IBM *may* have added some derivative code to the linux kernel. Using your
11 argument, should we remove the kernel sources pending outcome of the court
12 case?
15 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list