From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: "Patrick Börjesson" <psycho@××××××××.cx>, gentoo-dev List <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Speaking of new kernels being added to the tree
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2003 23:39:47
1 because a number of other packages want to see /usr/src/linux for the
2 running kernel. lm-sensors, vmware, nvidia, ...
3
4 I do agree that some effort should be put into fixing the unwanted
5 effects that occur when you install another kernel though (haveing to
6 reinstall all kernel related packages, and unable to keep already
7 installed versions) - I am sure someone must have had a bug against that
8 one.
9
10 BillK
11