From: Richard Freeman <rich@××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] QA issue: No stable skype in Tree
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 19:26:44
1 Vlastimil Babka wrote:
2 > Jan Kundrát wrote:
3 >>
4 >> It could be interesting to evaluate a new rule "fetch/mirror restricted
5 >> package can't be marked stable" :).
6 >
7 > I believe common sense and per-package experience is better than such
8 > general rules :)
11 Agreed, although I think most people would agree with the principle
12 being alluded to. I don't think many people had issues with making
13 users fetch their java files, as they generally had stable URLs and were
14 hosted for a long time. The real issue is with software where old
15 versions are completely deprecated a day after something newer is
16 available. Many games fall into this zone, and as a result they rarely
17 become stable packages.

smime.p7s application/x-pkcs7-signature