From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Removal of CVS headers
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2017 14:13:52
1 On Sat, Feb 25, 2017 at 9:05 AM, Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > Therefore, I am going to remove the remaining CVS headers throughout
4 > the tree (except for patches, of course) in two days from now.
7 Speaking from git migration experience, I'd be really careful about
8 how you go about it. Filtering the filename and ensuring only the top
9 few lines get touched would probably prevent a lot of issues. Patches
10 are the biggest problem as you've noted, but offhand I'm not sure if
11 there were others. I just remember that CVS keywords were a constant
12 headache during the migration as they seemed to pop up in places you
13 wouldn't think of. Now, you're only concerned with the active tree so
14 that cuts down the opportunity for issues quite a bit (vs fixing all
15 the old commits as well).
18 Rich