From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: locations of binaries and separate /usr
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 22:56:21
1 Hinnerk van Bruinehsen wrote:
60 If I recall correctly, it took me at least three or four web sites and
61 the man page to get dracut to work. This is something that needs to be
62 worked on hugely before this goes to much farther. Gentoo doesn't need
63 to lose its status on the docs. I tried to follow the Gentoo doc and it
64 would not even boot. I tried everything I could find but it still
65 didn't work. Out of date, maybe. I dunno. It just didn't work for
66 me. Thing is, my current setup doesn't even need one. I plan to have a
67 separate /usr on LVM as soon as I can get me one more large drive. I'll
68 have to have one then.
69
70 Dale
71
75 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!
76
77 Miss the compile output? Hint:
78 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"