From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Council meeting summary for 8 May 2008
Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 10:54:53
1 Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o> posted 20080508233328.GA8896@comet,
2 excerpted below, on Thu, 08 May 2008 16:33:28 -0700:
3
4 > Here is the summary from today's council meeting. The complete log will
5 > show up at http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/council/ shortly.
6
7 FWIW, the log entry at the URL above is still yielding a 404. <poke>
8 Yes, I know "shortly" is relative, but in the absolute, it /has/ been a
9 day and a half. =8^/
10
11 Meanwhile, I'd like to take the opportunity while I have it to thank the
12 council members. Multiple hour meetings each month, you guys are
13 certainly taking your responsibilities seriously, and there's another one
14 this month due to unfinished business after the 2 and a half that you
15 met. Apart from the time, some of the decisions are anything but easy.
16 It's not something everyone's cut out for, definitely. I expect I'm
17 talking for many when I say thanks, and that I'm glad someone's willing
18 to make the sacrifice and take the emotional and stress toll it extracts
19 to step up and make those decisions, even if I don't personally agree
20 with the decisions made at times.
21
22 Actually, that's why I like the logs. It surprises me how often after
23 reading the logs I find I agree where I didn't before, and where I don't,
24 I at least understand why... Thus my frustration at not being able to
25 peruse the latest one as yet. <yeah, I guess that's another poke> =8^]
30 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
33 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list