From: Marien Zwart <marienz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] request for comments/review: twisted.eclass
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 18:09:33
Hi all,

Since it's policy and especially since it's the first time I write one
of these things I'm submitting an eclass I want to add to the tree for
review. It will only be used by the twisted subpackages I'll be
maintaining (see bug 80639).

Subpackage ebuilds using this only have to set MY_PACKAGE,
DESCRIPTION, KEYWORDS and DEPEND. I'd like to get rid of MY_PACKAGE but
I haven't figured out how to convert lowercase to uppercase without
using tr (MY_PACKAGE will be "Conch" if PN is "twisted-conch"). Also
adds the ability to run the unit tests for the package and updates
twisted's plugin cache.

Would like to hear about any ideas on how to do that case conversion
and any bugs spotted. If there are no objections I'd like to add this
to the tree in about two days, so bug 80639 can finally be fixed.

--
Marien.

twisted.eclass text/plain